Developing a Digital Marketing Strategy that LEADS the Way
As a Digital Marketing firm, we’re always looking for helpful ways to explain our process to clients and potential clients. As a one-stop-shop, we offer a wide variety of services, but they can all be tied back to a single word – LEADS. To be more specific, we work on Developing a Digital Marketing Strategy that LEADS the Way.
Whether you recognize the term LEADS as new prospects or a reference to being at the forefront of your industry, it’s something that any business can relate to. Big or small, B2B or B2C, manufacturing or distributor, and so on… we all want to ensure our time and effort is well spent. We want a Digital Marketing strategy that works to achieve our collective sales and marketing goals.
So, what does LEADS stand for? It’s the 5 simple steps to Digital Marketing Success.
- Lay Out a Strategic Comprehensive Internet Marketing Plan
- Employ a Responsive Website as your Central Online Presence
- Attract Targeted Traffic
- Dictate Clear Branding Policies & Protect Your Investment
- Survey, Analyze, and Adjust Often
Lay Out a Strategic Comprehensive Internet Marketing Plan
The first step in any successful Digital Marketing strategy is to lay out a strategic plan. We want to measure twice and cut once, so the additional time on the front end is well worth it.
- Define your business goals, so we can identify how to leverage the internet to achieve them.
- Recognize your target markets/buyer personas.
- Analyze where you are as business and what you’re up against.
- Conduct a competitive analysis.
- Complete a keyword opportunity analysis.
- Establish a baseline.
Employ a Responsive Website as your Central Online Presence
Desktops are losing ground as mobile devices dominate Internet usage more and more each year. Failing to have a responsive website that automatically adjusts to fit the users’ device isn’t just bad for usability. It can impact your search rankings with Google. Along with a responseive site, here are some other top features you should consider for your website:
- Trackable phone number(s)
- Keyword rich landing pages
- CTAs (calls to action)
- Social sharing
- Contact forms
- Newsletter signup
- Live Chat (especially for eCommerce)
- Landing pages
Attract Targeted Traffic
A responsive website is great, but it won’t help if no one is going to it. First, it’s important to identify your buyer personas and the buyer’s journey. Then, create a campaign that speaks to each of them to drive relevant traffic to your site. There are many ways to do this:
- Paid search marketing
- Ongoing organic search optimization
- Local business listing
- Segmented email marketing
- Inbound marketing
- Integrating offline marketing with online marketing (ex: making the most of a tradeshow)
- Distributor marketing initiatives
Dictate Clear Branding Policies & Protect Your Investment
Once you’ve made the investment in a new website and you’re driving traffic to it, it’s important to maintain it and set clear policies for brand consistency. This includes things like:
- Social monitoring
- Creating a website and social media style guide
- Developing an employee and reseller/dealer social media policy
- Maintaining site plugins and identifying other security threats
- Conducting an ongoing periodic competitive analysis
- Securing additional domains and social properties as needed
- Removing obsolete information
Survey, Analyze, and Adjust
The last step in Developing a Digital Marketing Strategy that Leads the Way is setting aside the time to see how you’re doing. Stick with the things that are working, and drop those that aren’t. Nothing stays static, so continually reviewing customer feedback and analytics data is crucial to your success. What should you look at?
- Analytics for Google, call tracking, document management, and email marketing
- Customer survey results and online reviews
- Business intelligence software (ex: VisitorTrack)
Overwhelmed yet? Don’t be. While this seems like a lot to take on, these five simple steps have proven to be a winning strategy for countless companies over the years. Let us help you get started.